Jon Schaefer is based in the firm's Hartford office and a member of the Environmental + Utilities Group. Mr. Schaefer represents clients in the areas of environmental, energy, telecommunications, and utilities law.
He represents clients in various environmental matters that include:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) violations and compliance;
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) disputes;
- Clean Air Act (CAA) violations and compliance;
- Clean Water Act (CWA) violations and compliance;
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) violations and compliance;
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPRCA) violations and compliance;
- Connecticut Transfer Act compliance;
- Financial Assurance compliance; and
- Formerly Utilized Sites Remediation Action Program (FUSRAP) disputes.
Mr. Schaefer also regularly monitors and reports on regulatory developments in the energy and utilities field throughout New England and appears before the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) and the Connecticut Siting Council (CSC).
Mr. Schaefer has also represented clients in Connecticut Superior Court, private arbitration, and private mediation on matters ranging from administrative appeals to shareholder disputes.
Prior to joining Robinson+Cole, Mr. Schaefer interned with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and with the United States Attorney's Office. While attending law school, he served as articles editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law and was President of the Environmental Law Society.