The members of Robinson+Cole’s Environmental Litigation and Enforcement Group routinely represent clients involved in private litigation and government enforcement matters in New England and across the country. Our litigation experience ranges from statutory actions under state and federal programs, to common law claims involving contaminated properties. We have litigated issues under a full range of environmental laws, including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and others, including their state equivalents. We also have handled numerous toxic tort matters, including mold, lead paint, and asbestos litigation. Combining experience from Robinson+Cole attorneys skilled in product liability, class actions, and OSHA matters, we bring a mix of talents and a team approach to defending toxic tort claims. As the needs of a particular environmental matter dictate, we also work closely with multiple firm practices, including Environmental, Real Estate, Corporate, Bankruptcy and Reorganization, White Collar Defense, and Tax.
Our litigators have broad experience representing clients involved in a variety of government enforcement actions, from agency and grand jury investigations to civil and criminal proceedings under federal and state environmental laws. When companies are confronted with serious compliance matters or whistle-blower complaints, our lawyers have conducted efficient and effective internal investigations. If issues are identified within an organization, we endeavor to resolve matters promptly and cost-effectively.
Our Environmental Litigation and Enforcement Capabilities Include:
• Managing all aspects of environmental and toxic tort litigation, including trials and appeals
• Experience defending civil and criminal enforcement actions in state and federal courts
• Rapid response to workplace exposures, spills and releases, search warrants, and other emergencies
• Proficiency with the scientific and technical aspects of environmental cases
• A well-developed network of outside consultants and experts skilled in a host of complex environmental issues
• Experience conducting efficient and effective internal investigations
• In-House capability for cost-effective information management and e-discovery