Robinson+Cole employs many nonlawyer professionals in a variety of areas. These professionals include legal secretaries as well as environmental and land use analysts. In addition, we employ many paralegals in the practice areas of estate planning and probate, business law, immigration, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, public finance, and real estate law.
Bankruptcy Paralegal - Wilmington, DE
Robinson & Cole, LLP, an Am Law 200 firm, is seeking a full-time Bankruptcy Paralegal for its Wilmington, DE office. The paralegal will work at the direction of the assigned Practice Group and the office administrator who is based in Hartford. They will assist attorneys in the preparation and drafting of correspondence, pleadings, bankruptcy motions, certificates of service and discovery requests. Applies knowledge of Bankruptcy Court procedures and practices to prepare hearing agendas and related binders for hearings.
- E-files with the Federal and State Courts generally, and more particularly with both the U.S. Bankruptcy and the U.S District Courts;
- Utilizes the CM/ECF and Pacer filing system;
- Drafts notices, monthly and quarterly fee applications and proofs of claims;
- Obtains, reviews and indexes legal records and documents for litigation matters;
- Organizes and maintains discovery files and document productions (hardcopy and electronic formats);
- Notices depositions, organizes, maintains and prepares deposition materials, exhibits and summaries;
- Prepares case materials for experts;
- Works with spreadsheets (MS Excel), database and litigation software packages, i.e., Case Notebook; PowerPoint and/or Relativity;
- Assists with trial preparation and trials;
- Applies knowledge of the Rules of Federal Bankruptcy Procedure and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure relating to service of motion/objections and pleadings;
- Manages bankruptcy litigation, including adversary proceedings and appeals (familiarity with the Local Bankruptcy Rules for the Delaware and nationwide Bankruptcy and District Courts);
- Works and learns independently and meets deadlines;
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative;
- Grasps and applies new ideas;
- Communicates with various personalities at all levels.
- Prior working experience in the bankruptcy group of a law firm representing debtors and creditors in complex chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases, as well as familiarity with chapter 11 reorganization process and basic documents such as, SoFAs, fee applications, disclosure statements and plans of reorganization;
- Experience with UCC searches and filings, and in appellate matters and cite checking and blue booking skills a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels. Excellent writing and proofreading skills, and excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize issues and workload. Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- The ability to work on projects independently or with little supervision. Familiar with Equipment: Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, calculator, fax machine, copier, scanner, postage machine, equitrax, etc.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Please include resume and cover letter with salary requirements and apply HERE
Business Immigration Paralegal - Hartford, CT
The Hartford office of Robinson & Cole LLP, an Am Law 200 firm, is seeking a full-time Business Immigration Paralegal with a minimum of two years of experience to join our Immigration practice.
Our lawyers, experienced in all aspects of immigration law, represent Fortune 100 and Global 500 companies, as well as small businesses, new ventures, and nonprofit organizations, including hospitals and universities. Our firm provides a full range of immigration legal services. We regularly prepare submissions to all applicable government agencies and assist clients with employment eligibility verification and compliance.
The ideal candidate will have experience preparing all types of Immigrant (EB1, EB2, and EB3 petitions), PERM applications and Nonimmigrant (E, H, J, L, O, and TN) petitions. Experience working with the immigration case-management system INSZoom is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Candidate must be highly motivated with strong organizational skills (with emphasis on detail) and the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
For consideration, please include a resume, writing sample and a cover letter with salary requirements and apply HERE
Professional Development Manager - Hartford, NYC, Boston or Stamford
Robinson+Cole is seeking a Professional Development Manager to join our Talent Management team. Position may be based in Boston, Hartford, New York or Stamford. The Professional Development Manager will report to the Chief Talent Officer and will also work collaboratively with the Professional Development Committee and Talent Management Team to further the Firm's strategic objectives to develop, engage, mentor, train, retain and advance highly accomplished and dedicated attorneys.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Training and CLE
- Design, plan and execute trainings and CLEs with Professional Development Committee
- Assist attorneys and Business Development & Marketing Department with client CLEs
- Monitor and serve as a resource regarding CLE rules and regulations in relevant states
- Maintain accredited provider status and prepare CLE application(s)
- Oversee CLE compliance, record keeping, reporting and audits
- Plan new partner and counsel orientation and training
- Collaborate with CTO to create new professional development initiatives and programs
- Manage use of online learning tools (e.g., viLMS, LinkedIn Learning)
Attorney Integration, Mentoring and Engagement
- Implement and execute integration plans for all new partners, counsel and associates
- Manage mentoring programs and serve as a resource for mentors and mentees
- Develop programs and training that further the firm’s integration and mentoring initiatives
- Contribute to attorney engagement efforts
- Serve as an active member of the firm’s Wellness Committee
- Supervise, train and develop Talent Management coordinator
- Develop and manage annual Professional Development budget
- Support firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee and its initiatives
- Ensure firm materials highlight professional development offerings and accomplishments
- Monitor market trends and best practices in legal talent and professional development
- At least 5-8 years of professional development experience at an AmLaw firm
- Prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree required, J.D. preferred
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active, self- motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands on time
- Ability to travel to other offices
For consideration, please click HERE to apply. Please include a resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Executive Practice Assistant- NYC, Wilimington, DE or Philadelphia
Robinson & Cole LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm, is seeking an Executive Practice Assistant("EPA") for its Philadelphia, Wilmington or NYC office. The EPA focuses on administrative activities and processes that enhance client relationships and work flow. Responsible for optimizing the flow of information and ensuring timely and effective communications, escalating urgent or critical matters to the partner. Serves as a point of contact for the partner’s ongoing relationships with attorneys and staff in the practice group, with clients, with courts and with other counsel. Coordinates with the Managing Clerk and attorneys and/or paralegals in the practice group regarding the calendaring of court deadlines and filing of client documents. The EPA works closely and collaborates with administrative departments and staff to ensure a high level of client service and streamlined processes in timekeeping, billing and file management.
- Manages the client relationships for the partner’s practice by managing the flow of information and communications to and from the partner to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the practice.
- Serves as a point of contact for the partner with attorneys and staff in the practice group, with clients, with courts and with other attorneys.
- Ensures critical dates are calendared and all client documents are properly and timely filed in firm records system.
- Fully understands the office administration infrastructure in place for seeking assistance from administrative supervisor, administrative manager and/or office administrator and demonstrates this understanding by ensuring streamlined processes for the partner.
- Utilizes the most efficient business processes, electronic workflows, technology, available resources (Business Center, Office Services, IT, and practice-specific software/technology) to fulfill the position requirements.
- Demonstrates an outstanding work ethic, dependability, and respect for the firm by adhering to policies on arrival/departure, lunch, breaks, time-off requests, and unplanned absences to ensure no interruptions to service or work commitments.
- Demonstrates respect for, and does not take advantage of, firm privileges by limiting excessive or inappropriate personal use of the phone or Internet. Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality in managing situations and issues. Uses firm systems for their intended use and adheres to firm's electronic communication policy, in addition to all other firm policies.
- Communicates availability and keeps partner and colleagues informed of whereabouts. Coordinates time-off and training and/or other engagements with colleagues.
- Provides coverage for colleagues and others as needed; leads others by demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and focusing on solutions.
- Maintains confidential information.
- May perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to general administrative duties, scheduling travel and managing expenses, managing invoices for payment, etc.
- Client/Customer Focused
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Planning skills
- Adaptable and Proactive
- Team Oriented
- Time Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Candidates should have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the legal industry in practice .
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, iManage, Aderant as well as contact management software.
- Experience with state and federal district court electronic filing, and transcription preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED
- 8-10 years of relevant legal industry work experience required.
Please include resume and cover letter with salary requirements and apply HERE
Legal Administrative Assistant / Receptionist -Philadelphia, PA
The Philadelphia office of Robinson Cole is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to assist attorneys, analysts, paralegals, and the office administrator/supervisor. This position will manage administrative tasks, priorities, and projects and is the critical point of contact for managing the ongoing relationships of attorneys, clients, and the firm. This role also works closely and collaborates with administrative departments and staff.
- Performs general secretarial duties, such as typing, proofreading, filing, photocopying, drafting documents, faxing, scanning, and answering phones.
- Communicates with Records & Conflicts and Billing to open and reactivate matters as needed.
- Maintains client and general files and closes files in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Billing and Collections regarding client billing inquiries. Generates inquiries and reports to assist the attorney with quoting fees for upcoming work.
- Enters time on a daily basis in compliance with firm policies, edits prebills, and submits bills for processing to meet billing deadlines.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information in attorney’s Outlook contacts and maintains firm-level information in InterAction.
- Uses the Web Bio Updates workflow to submit changes to attorney bios. Updates and consistently maintains attorney mailing lists (including holiday cards). Links contacts in InterAction mailing lists for legal updates and invitations to events and reaches out to contacts.
- Utilizes the most efficient business processes, electronic workflows, technology, available resources (Business Center, Office Services, IT, and practice-specific software/technology) to fulfill the position requirements, deliver timely results, and maximize efficiency.
- Answers a multi-line phone, greets visitors, schedules conference rooms and handles food orders and set up for meetings.
- Takes inventory of office supplies.
- Assists with reception services. Supports peers and takes on special projects as assigned by the Office Administrator.
Candidates should have a minimum of three to five years of legal secretarial experience and be proficient in the MS suite of products, particularly MS Word. Must be able to type 75 wpm as well as possess accurate spelling, language, and proofreading skills. Must be able to transcribe dictation. A high school education is required. A minimum two-year associates degree in business or a professional studies degree is preferred.
Please include resume and cover letter with salary requirements and apply HERE
Digital Marketing Coordinator - Boston or Hartford, CT
The Boston office of Robinson Cole is looking for a full time Digital Marketing Coordinator to support the digital communication efforts of the firm, including content and graphic development and presentation on the website, blogs, social media, email marketing efforts and collateral materials. This position serves as a support team member to the entire business development and marketing department.
Must be database and digitally savvy. Advance familiarity with graphic design software, i.e. Adobe InDesign a plus. Proficiency in. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are required. Experience with InterAction, CRM a plus.
For consideration, please click HERE to apply.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal - New York, NY / Stamford, CT
Robinson & Cole is seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our Real Estate team in NYC and Stamford, CT. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 4-5 years of commercial real estate experience assisting attorneys in all aspects of transactional management, document revisions, closing preparation, due diligence review, title insurance company coordination, preparing transaction binders and drafting routine correspondence. Familiarity with commercial mortgage lending and Corporate State filing is preferred. Experience with commercial Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac transactions is helpful. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Bachelor’s degree and prior commercial real estate experience required. Paralegal certificate preferred. Connecticut Notary strongly preferred. Candidate must be detail oriented, proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and be highly motivated with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks. Must take initiative, anticipate needs and follow specific detailed procedures. Flexibility for overtime is a must.
Click here to apply, please include a cover letter with salary requirements.
Robinson & Cole LLP is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal opportunity to qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class in accordance with all applicable laws. Robinson & Cole LLP offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, paid vacation, paid sick days, a 401K plan and a variety of other benefits.