Robinson+Cole employs many nonlawyer professionals in a variety of areas. These professionals include legal secretaries as well as environmental and land use analysts. In addition, we employ many paralegals in the practice areas of estate planning and probate, business law, immigration, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, public finance, and real estate law.
Business Development and Marketing Coordinator - Hartford CT/Boston MA
The Business Development & Marketing Coordinator supports strategic client development efforts and various marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness. Our ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and as part of a broader, cross-functional team.
- Assists with the execution of marketing and business development strategies, plans, projects and branded events.
- Supports the development of collateral materials, such as group descriptions, attorney biographies, practice area capability statements, web content, and proposal contents.
- Assist in developing marketing pitch and proposal materials, including formatting and proofreading content.
- Assist in identifying and organizing profile-raising activities of the firm and its attorneys, such as events/webinars, community involvement, conference involvement, rankings and directories.
- Provide event support for firm-hosted events such as seminars, client receptions and webinars, to include coordinating evites, building and managing invitation lists, materials for CLE accreditation, registration details.
- Coordinate sponsorship and trade show deliverables including support for attorney presentations for speaking engagements. Directly coordinates with external contacts with organizations and associations on behalf of the firm and lawyers regarding membership and sponsorship entitlements.
- Maintains database of representative experience for use in marketing collateral.
- Documents business development activities for assigned practice groups and attorneys. Assists with the maintenance of activity tracking/reporting and mailing lists in the CRM system.
- Assists with the development of industry surveys submissions to various outlets and legal directories.
- Performs other duties as assigned and provides back-up to fellow members of the Business Development & Marketing team when necessary.
- Contributes positively to firm/office morale by communicating enthusiastically about job responsibilities, the firm, and working with others.
- Possesses strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Graphic design experience a plus.
- Planning /Adaptability
- Adapts readily to competing demand by shifting priorities.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Strong client service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Demonstrates familiarity and understanding of significant attorney-client relationships. Observes and passes on information to further develop relationships to support business development efforts.
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- High level of detail orientation. Able to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction and follows up on own initiative.
- This role demands a highly organized, detailed-oriented individual with a strong client service orientation, and ability to collaborate successfully within a matrix organization.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent superior digital, written and verbal communication skills, online research capabilities, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in a law firm or similar professional services organization.
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- A focus on business or marketing and project management and an interest in legal, commercial, or business issues are desirable.
To be considered for this position, please click HERE to apply.
Legal Administrative Assistant - Miami, FL
The Miami office of Robinson & Cole LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm, is currently seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. The Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist works at the direction of the office administrator. Responsibilities include main line phone coverage, greeting visitors in a courteous and professional manner, maintaining the schedule for conference center/rooms, coordinating with caterers to manage food orders, and provide backup administrative support to attorneys [working with our Business Center]. Manages administrative tasks, priorities, and projects. Works closely and collaborates with administrative departments and staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs general secretarial duties, such as drafting and editing documents, proofreading, submitting expense reimbursements, time entry, etc.
- Utilizes the most efficient business processes, electronic workflows, technology, available resources (Business Center, Office Services, IT, and practice-specific software/technology) to fulfill the position requirements, deliver timely results, and maximize efficiency.
Qualified candidates will be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills are required. Must be detail orientated and be able to function independently. Experience with timekeeping, billing, and contact management software is preferred. Experience with state and federal district court filing is a plus. Associate degree in business or a professional studies degree preferred.
To be considered for this position, please click HERE to apply.
IT Support Supervisor - Hartford, CT
Robinson & Cole LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm, is seeking a full-time IT Support Supervisor to work in our Information Technology Department for our Hartford office.
The Support Supervisor is responsible for Help Desk operations, the quality of service delivery and supervision, and the development and performance management of the Hartford support services team. Provides direction to other geographically dispersed IT services coordinators, who are and may manage those who are the single point of user contact for all IT problems and issues. Develops, gathers, and analyzes metrics to benchmark Help Desk performance, identify trends, and provide insight into support issues. Implements and monitors overall Help Desk performance, assists with the establishment of the Help Desk service strategy and vision, ensures that best practices are integrated into service delivery, and aligns IT Services strategy with department goals and objectives.
- Provides support/direction to staff in managing administrative issues and day-to-day oversight by evaluating and balancing workflow and prioritizing work so that customer deadlines are met.
- Adheres to and advises on centralized, efficient methods for managing end user systems.
- Provides feedback and participates in the review of the Help Desk support system, recommending improvements to service delivery.
- Develops, and maintains (SOP) and “how to” instructions, Help Desk operating workflows and procedures, and instructional and best practices. Delivers training to Help Desk team.
- Adheres to and advises on Help Desk service-level agreements (SLA). Drives accountability for adherence to established SLA’s.
- Engages staff in proactive identification of issues, problems, and resolutions to ensure the ability to meet the needs of the firm. Receives feedback from end users and adjusts services accordingly.
- Implements processes and procedures to improve first-call resolution, manages customer perceptions, and builds strong internal relationships.
- Coordinates escalation and resolution of issues between the Help Desk and Tier III support teams as needed.
- Develops, tests, and executes methodologies to address issues and increase efficiency of service response and quality; drives the integration of Help Desk/IT Service best practices with operational procedures and workflows.
- Provides input on annual Help Desk business plan that reflects customer and business needs with annual goals, objectives, and measurement criteria.
- Runs and analyzes Help Desk metrics to identify trends. Implements measurable steps to mitigate discoverable issues. Provides weekly/monthly reports to support analysts that identify current service levels and goals for improvement.
- Evaluates products or services as identified and recommends changes that support SLAs and advance or resolve viable customer concerns/requests.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, concepts, practices, and procedures and evaluates their impact on service delivery; participates in industry counsels/organizations to remain current on Help Desk best practices.
- Interviews, hires, selects, monitors, coaches, develops, and evaluates staff performance against assigned goals and objectives; makes salary and other variable pay recommendations.
- Supervises and manages the performance of direct reports. Approves time card submittals establishes individual and team goals and performance expectations, measures results, provides ongoing performance feedback, writes annual and 90-day reviews, and provides merit recommendations tied to performance.
- Identifies areas for skill and competency development and establishes development plans to address gaps and increase capability, performance, and goal achievement; creates and delivers training to support IT Services and Help Desk goals and initiatives, updating as needed.
- Coordinates and manages schedules of direct reports including approval of daily timecard, overtime and paid time off.
- Coordinate and manages On-Call after hours response schedule with support services team members in all offices.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five to ten years of experience in support services and managing staff in a professional services environment
- Must be proficient with all MS Operating Systems, MS Office Suite, PC hardware, LAN architecture (TCP/IP protocol), Polycom videoconferencing, Active Directory, PC imaging, software deployment systems, and SCCM.
To be considered for this position, please click HERE to apply.
Legal Recruiting Manager
Robinson+Cole, an AmLaw200 law Firm, is seeking a Legal Recruiting Manager to join our Talent Management team. Position may be based in Boston, Hartford, New York or Stamford. The Legal Recruiting Manager will work collaboratively with the Chief Talent Officer, the Hiring Committee, the Legal Recruiting team and others on the Talent Management team to develop and implement the Firm’s strategic associate recruiting goals.
The Legal Recruiting Manager will work directly with, and report to, the Chief Talent Officer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the legal recruiting function across multiple offices for lateral associate hires, summer associates, legal interns and temporary attorneys, Including overseeing the interview and offer process.
- Participate in Hiring Committee meetings, including candidate deliberations and decision making.
- Utilize legal search software and internal referral program and network to facilitate the identification of potential candidates for open positions or to meet strategic initiatives.
- Increase and enhance knowledge of the Firm through the fostering of relationships with outside recruiters and law schools. Manage relationships with local publications, social media sites, professional organizations, and other resources for posting and distributing associate job ads. Negotiate recruiting agreements, track candidate submissions and ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Oversee recruiting database, reporting on evaluation of candidates, for law schools, NALP, and internal reporting, including yearly updates to NALP forms and legal employer directories
Summer Associate Program and First Year Associates
- Oversee the OCI process.
- Manage the summer associate program, including orientation, events, training and summer associate work coordinator and mentoring programs.
- Gather feedback on summer associate performance and participate in mid and end of program summer associate evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Talent Management team to plan the orientation and onboarding for first year associates.
- Serve as a go-to resource for summer and first year associates.
- Supervise the Legal Recruiting Specialist and Coordinator in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Lateral Partner Recruiting.
- Work with Firm management to set and oversee Associate Recruiting Budget.
- Track recruiting statistics for diversity reporting purposes.
- At least 5 years of legal recruiting experience at an AmLaw Firm, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a J.D. or other advanced degree is preferred
- Understands attorneys, law Firms, law students and the legal recruiting market
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active, self- motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands on time
- Ability to travel to other offices as needed, particularly the Hartford office during the summer program if not based in that office
To be considered, please click HERE to apply.
Robinson & Cole LLP is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal opportunity to qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class in accordance with all applicable laws. Robinson & Cole LLP offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, paid vacation, paid sick days, a 401K plan and a variety of other benefits.