Many law firms have aerospace/aviation practices focusing on FAA regulatory matters and litigation. Robinson+Cole’s aerospace supply chain practice is different. Our targeted aerospace supply chain team represents USA and international Tiers 1 and 2 aerospace manufacturers and distributors with regard to their unique and complex contract, product quality, delivery, and cost matters. We recognize the significant value of knowing the industries we serve and offer more focused and tailored services to our aerospace clients. That focus has enabled us to help our clients negotiate contracts with the major OEMs and aircraft manufacturers. As evidenced of Robinson+Cole’s experience in the industry, the firm was invited to join the Aerospace Components Manufacturers (ACM) – one of the largest, most experienced concentrations of premier aerospace companies in the world. Robinson+Cole is the only law firm member. Our aerospace supply chain lawyers have also been invited to speak at aerospace events organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce (both in the United States and Canada), New Hampshire Aerospace & Defense Export Consortium, and Ontario Aerospace Council, among others.
As a result of our experience, we are particularly sensitive to the daily operating pressures aerospace executives face, and are uniquely positioned to help them navigate those issues.
Our experience and aerospace client focus include:
• LTAs (long-term agreements), including Purchase Orders and other conditions of supply requirements, ranging in value from hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of dollars annually.
• Trade compliance, including ITAR, EAR, and other federal regulations. In May 2019, Robinson+Cole was presented with the President’s “E” Award for Export Service by the United States Secretary of Commerce.
• B-to-B dispute resolution. Our supply chain clients often need to resolve complex supply chain disputes with their OEM customers and supply chain partners in a timely manner.
• Advising aerospace clients on equity and debt growth financing, complex tax issues, and M&A, including Private Equity experience.
• Other manufacturing law services that aerospace supply chain companies routinely require include environmental health, safety, labor and employment laws and immigration.
• Product-related litigation experience spanning the United States and Canada.
• Data Privacy + Cybersecurity advisory services.
SELECTED PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- July 19, 2023 - Manufacturing Industry Team: Out + About - Details
- April 3, 2023- Jeff White presents Demystifying the Complexities of The Buy American, Made in America, and Build Back Better Legislation - Details
- March 29, 2023 - Jeff White presents Finding, Signing, and Keeping International Distributors and Customers - Details
- March 14, 2023 -New Round of Sanctions Relevant to Manufacturers Are Launched on the First Anniversary of Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine - Details
- February 9, 2023 - Manufacturing Industry Team: Out + About - Details
- May 2, 2022 - Jeff White presents International Distributors & Representatives: Sign Them - Details
- March 31, 2022 - Jeff White presents How Supply Chain Challenges are Impacting M&A Deals - Details
- January 20, 2022 - Jeff White Co-Presents Beyond Due Diligence - Strategies for Integration & Accelerating Growth In Aerospace - Details
- January 4, 2022 - Manufacturing Industry Team: Out + About - Details
- May 4, 2021 - Jeff White Co-Presents Brazil Aerospace & Defense Briefing with Embraer - Details
- April 30, 2021 - Jeff White Co-Presents Effective Ways to Manage (and Grow!) Commercial OEM Relationships in COVID-19 with the New Hampshire Aerospace & Defense Export Consortium (NHADEC) - Details
- March 30, 2021 - Jeff White Co-Moderates Netherlands and Europe Market Opportunities - Details
- November 24, 2020 - Jeff White Participates in What Are Commercial OEMs Thinking? Effective Ways to Manage (and Grow!) Your Aerospace Supply Chain, sponsored by the U.S. Commercial Services (Montreal) and the Ontario Aerospace Council
- September 18, 2020 - "Aerospace Supply Chain Report" - View Newsletter
- July 22, 2020 - Jeff White Moderates Private Equity Investment in the Aerospace & Defense Market - Details
- July 15, 2020 - Jeff White Quoted on Future of Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Industry in Aviation Week Article - Details
- July 1, 2020 - Jeff White Quoted on the Cancellation of Farnborough Airshow in Aviation Week Article - Details
- April 28, 2020 - Jeff White Quoted on COVID-19 Impact on Aerospace Industry in Aerospace Manufacturing and Design Article - Details
- April 23, 2020 - Aerospace Industry Business After Hours - Details
- April 22, 2020 - Jeff White, Ed Heath, and Gabrielle Mercandante present Force Majeure and Contract Considerations for Buyers and Sellers in Light of COVID-19 - Details
- April 9, 2020 - Jeff White Quoted on Force Majeure in Aviation Week Article - Details
- March 12, 2020 - "Aerospace Suppliers Should Brace for Headwinds" Industry Week - Details
- February 5, 2020 - Jeff White Moderates Succession Planning for Manufacturers hosted by NHMA - Details