Robinson+Cole has represented international manufacturers and distributors that wish to do business in the United States for decades. Our lawyers regularly work with clients around the world in connection with cross-border transactions with U.S. companies and expansion into the U.S. market.
We take pride in understanding and adapting to the cross-cultural differences that may exist in how decisions are made based on history, culture, and different legal systems. Our lawyers travel extensively around the world and we prioritize visiting our clients’ headquarters and facilities in order to better understand their business, their priorities and their culture.
Our lawyers are leaders in the economic community and have been invited to speak at The White House, U.S. Department of Commerce Events, and by U.S.-based economic development organizations that wish to attract companies to the United States. We are pleased to provide introductions to financial institutions and investors, economic development organizations (including state and local governments) and other key contacts, so that our clients can grow their businesses once they arrive in the United States.
As evidence of Robinson+Cole’s ability to assist our clients that wish to do business around the world, in 2019 the firm received the President’s E-Award for Exports, a recognition given to persons, firms, or organizations that contribute significantly in the effort to increase United States exports. The Award, first established by President John F. Kennedy, is the highest recognition any U.S. entity can receive.
President’s E-Award for Exports
Robinson+Cole—only law firm
to receive the honor in 2019
In 2020 the firm was selected by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s SelectUSA program to co-author a chapter in its Investor Guide for companies interested in making investments in the U.S. The firm also was invited by the Department of Commerce to provide a live program for international companies interested in investing in the United States. During the SelectUSA's 2021 Virtual Investment Summit, the firm participated in moderating a program about business structuring in the United States.
- Corporate Formation & International Tax
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Offerings and Initial Public Offerings
- Compliance with Federal and State Securities Laws, as well as Rules of Stock Markets and Exchanges
- Immigration, Labor and Employment
- Commercial Contracting and Sales Support
- Intellectual Property protection and licensing
- Real Estate Services (including leasing, construction and environmental)
- Corporate & Regulatory Compliance (including trade compliance)
- Business to Business Dispute Resolution and Litigation
SELECTED PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- May 4, 2021 - Jeff White co-presents Brazil Aerospace & Defense Briefing with Embraer - Details
- April 21, 2021 - Jeff White and Sandra Marin Lautier co-present during the American Bar Association's Business Law Section Virtual Spring Meeting regarding cross-border M&A disputes
- March 30, 2021 - Jeff White co-presents "Aerospace & Defense - Virtual Briefing: Netherlands & Europe Market Opportunities"
- October 9, 2020 - Jeff White Receives Ambassador Award from Connecticut District Export Council - Details
- August 14, 2020 - Jeff White, Michael Kearney, Michael Wirvin and Anna Wang, co-present virtual program hosted by SelectUSA featuring comparisons of some common business structures used by foreign entities to conduct their U.S. operations
- July 2020 - Anna Wang, Jeff White and Ed Heath co-author article for the July 2020 issue of the Italy – Connecticut Journal of International and Comparative Business Law
- June 22, 2020 - Jeff White presents webinar titled "Long-Term Financing for U.S.-Owned Operations in Mexico"
- June 17, 2020 - Jeff White co-presents "Effective Ways to Manage (and Grow!) Commercial OEM Relationships During the Covid-19 Era"
- June 17, 2020 - Jeff White, Anna Wang, Michael Wirvin and Michael Kearney co-author chapter published in SelectUSA’s June 2020 Investor Guide
- March 19, 2020 – John Cordani presents Strategies for Intellectual Property Enforcement including discussion of international resales and grey market goods
- March 18, 2020 - "Force Majeure Both for Contracts/Suppliers, Cancellation of Trade Shows," co-presented with Taylor A. Shea, as the first program in the U.S. Department of Commerce and the Connecticut District Export Council's free “Coronavirus Special Topic Conference Calls Series”
- January 16, 2020 - Jeff White Appointed to the Connecticut District Export Council by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce - Details
- January 13, 2020 - Jeff White Quoted on the Cancellation of Farnborough Airshow in Aviation Week Article - Details
- November 7, 2019 - Jeff White Recognized for Innovative Leadership of Manufacturing Industry Team - Details
- July 9, 2019 - Jeff White Speaks on Manufacturing and Exporting in Hartford Business Journal Interview
- May 19-21, 2019 - Jeff White, Kevin Daly and Ed Heath present at the "International Space Trade Summit." Robinson+Cole also serves as a sponsor
- May 14-15 2019 - Jeff White and Ed Heath co-present a program for executives at mid-market companies at the Chief Executives Group’s 2019 Smart Manufacturing Summit
- February 20, 2019 - Jeff White serves as guest lecturer at the University of Connecticut School of Business in Hartford, Connecticut
- October 9, 2018 - Jeff White Participates in CERC Podcast on Setting up a Successful Manufacturing Operation in Connecticut
- February 19, 2018 - Jeff White authors "How manufacturers are faring under Trump, globally"
- September 25, 2017 - Robinson+Cole Hosts Market Briefing on Export Opportunities in Indonesia
- October 19, 2016 - "Complying with Conflict Minerals Laws: Global Best Practices for Manufacturers and Distributors," a webinar presented by the U.S. Department of Commerce's U.S. Commercial Service
- October 6, 2016 - Robinson+Cole Sponsors World Affairs Council Luncheon Discussion on Brexit
- September 8, 2016 - "Key Considerations for Foreign Manufacturers That Wish to Sell Products to the United States," presented at the American Bar Association's Business Law Section Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts